I have been slacking on my daily posts and I apologize! My only excuse is that it was a holiday weekend. No excuses, I know, I should write every day. To be fair, I had some beautifully composed text messages this weekend.
Anyways, F*ck I’m in My Twenties Guided Journal has a page that reads, “Questions to my future self.” This reminded me of one of my assignments I had in my 8th grade history class. We were told to write a letter to ourselves and to others that would be sent to us in three years. One of the letters I received from that packet was written by a girl who died the year prior. It was a little eerie but the entire experience was pretty cool. Luckily for me, these questions to my future self will be archived by the wonders of the internet. Maybe one day I’ll answer them.
- Was your wedding everything you always dreamed it would be? More importantly, is your marriage? If the answer is no, why not? What are you going to change?
- How many kids did you actually end up having?
- Did you finally find a job that you love? Is it simply taking care of your kids and home?
- What are your dreams now? What are your goals to make that happen? Remember just because you’re older doesn’t mean you don’t get to have dreams. Don’t give up on yourself and your plans. Turn your “can’ts” into “cans” and your dreams into plans.
- Does your life revolve around your kids? Remember, you always wanted to love your kids and do the best you could for them, but without losing sight of yourself. Remember that. You were Marina before you were Mama.
- Are you still writing? If the answer is no, why not? You need to write. And stop worrying about whether or not you’re good enough. You’re good enough. So what they didn’t publish your article? So what you only have a small following? So what if you don’t think you deserve to call yourself a writer? So what?! Write. Write because that is what you’ve always loved to do. Because it’s what you need to do. Because your children, and your family, need to hear you. They need to know that they are loved, and the best way you’ve ever known how to really portray that is through your words. Write because the world needs more writers. Put your heart on that page like you always did.
- Are you still living in the future? For the sake of your family and for yourself. please tell me that you’re living in the present. You only get one life, I would hate for you to waste it daydreaming instead of doing.