Today’s prompt is something that I have done many times before but not in quite some time. The F*ck I’m in My Twenties Guided Journal had many options for me to do but I chose this one because I believe it is the most entertaining. And the next page is tomorrow’s post 🙂 Many of these will have multiple answers because my taste in music is very eclectic and has grown over the years.
1. The “I’m Bored at Work” song: I am bored at work almost every day. I listen to Pandora or Spotify or whatever and they eventually bore me as well. I would have to say the station I most listen to when boredom strikes is Disney. I can sing along, they make me happy and I don’t have to worry about any inappropriate album art showing up on the screen.
2. The “Waiting for Someone to Text me Back” song: I don’t have any specific song I listen to in this situation. If things are getting really intense between Alex and I or something along those lines, it’s probably going to be “Just Give Me a Reason” by P!nk.
I mean the lyric “You’re holding it in (Nate Ruess), You’re pouring a drink (P!nk)” is mine and Alex’s style to a tee. Not all the time but a lot of that time that line resonates the most. As I’m the one holding it in.
3. The song that reminds me of college: This really depends on what year of college we’re talking about. “Drops of Jupiter” and “Lose Yourself” are absolutely Freshman year. “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne is Sophomore year as it was sung about me quite often. “Close Your Eyes” by Michael Buble is Junior year. And “Here’s to Us” by Halestorm and “Shatter Me” by Lindsey Stirling are senior year.
4. The “thoughtfully looking out a window” song: Hmm this one is probably Nora Jones and Adele. “Come Away with Me,” “Turning Tables,” etc.
5. The “super hot sex” song: Well I have a whole playlist for this one but I think the top three are: “Lay Me Down” by The Dirty Heads, “Secret” by Maroon 5 and “I’ll Make a Man out of You” from Mulan. Hahaha just kidding about the Mulan one. It is on my sex playlist but it’s very hard to focus and not laugh when it comes on!
6. The “I Hate Everything” song: “Won’t Back Down” by P!nk featuring Eminem, among others.
7. The song that never fails to cheer me up: “Come Fly with Me” by Frank Sinatra, “True Love” by P!nk, “Close to You” by Harry Connick Jr., “Everything” by Michael Buble, “Rhythm of Love” by Plain White Tees, etc.
8. The “Getting Ready to go to a Potentially Cool Party” song: “Here Comes the Weekend” by P!nk
9. The “Getting Ready to go to a Potentially Lame Party” song: “Walk of Shame” by P!nk
10. The “Painful Breakup” song: Luckily, I haven’t been through one of these in over three years, but I still have a playlist dedicated to it as well. The last breakup anthem was “Just a Feeling” by Maroon 5. When I get into a big fight in my current relationship there is an array of songs from “Just Give me a Reason,” to “Say Something” to “Remind Me” to “My Heart is Open.”
11. The “Psych Yourself Up” song: “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten. That’s the current pump up song. When it comes on, beware, I’m singing it as loud as I can. That song demands to be sung.
12. The song that makes me miss you: “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton, “Dear God” by Avenged Sevenfold, “Close Your Eyes” by Michael Buble, “Wait for Me” by Theory of a Deadman, “Look After You” by The Fray, so many!
13. The song that feels like it was written about me: Hmm… I haven’t thought about this one in a while. I relate to so many different parts of songs. A lyric here, a lyric there. Taylor Swift’s “We are Never, Ever, Ever Getting Back Together” could have easily been my writing to Taylor Swift about my ex boyfriend. But if there was one song I would have to use that I thought was that similar to me maybe it would be “Perfect Storm” by Brad Paisley? Or “The Writer” by Ellie Goulding, or “F*cking Perfect” by P!nk. That is a tough one.